Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Weekend


What a wonderful valentines weekend. NO we can't just celebrate one day - we celebrate the whole weekend before Valentines. Yes, I'm spoiled, and yes I love to spoil my husband and kids too. We started the weekend with dinner over a friends house (Don and Darleen Erickson) with vespers worship service to follow. It was a wonderful time spending time with them and other friends who come over as well. There's a special bond with those that you can pray with outside the walls of a church. We are blessed to have some great friends.


Hopefully Jillian has received her card already to know that there is month inside to pay for a massage at the Carnegie Spa as I treated Ed and Christie, and yes myself, to a one hour massage at body conscious. It's a wonderful place to get massages. You are totally relaxed when you leave. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for some R&R. Another surprise for the day - Christie bought Ed and I Gigi cupcakes - the BEST CUPCAKES in the world. Totally fat free of course! ha ha. That evening Christie fixed a wonderful dinner for us all and I surprised everyone again with chocolate covered strawberries. It was a wonderful evening and a scrumptious dinner!!!! Sunday was designated as a date for Ed and I. We went to a movie early in the day - went to see Eagle Eye (a different kind of movie but I liked it), and went to Maggianos for a nice romantic dinner. The food was delicious. Also on Sunday, we went to put some roses on moms grave. It's hard to believe that it's been almost seven months since she passed away. Miss ya mom. I miss bringing you your favorite chocolates! Today was a day of remembrance. Of those I care about and love. A day to reflect on how wonderful a family that I have and of the great friends that we have as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment